Help for isolated families affected by the North Queensland Floods, February 2019.
What it is
The Flood Education Supplement is a one-off $1,000 payment. It helps isolated families affected by the flood in North Queensland with education and related costs.
Who can get it
To get the Flood Education Supplement, between 25 January 2019 and 14 February 2019 you must have met 2 conditions. These are that you:
- were getting any of the qualifying payments
- had a family home in 1 of 11 flood affected Local Government Areas in North Queensland.
The qualifying payments are any of the following:
- Assistance for Isolated Children Basic Boarding Allowance
- Assistance for Isolated Children Second Home Allowance
- Assistance for Isolated Children Distance Education Allowance
- ABSTUDY School Fees Allowance (Group 2).
If you still need to claim a qualifying payment, you need to do this by 23 April 2019.
The Local Government Areas are:
How much you can get
We’ll pay $1,000 for each eligible student.
How to get it
If you’re getting any of the qualifying payments, you don’t need to do anything. We’ll automatically pay you the Flood Education Supplement by 23 April 2019.
We’ll pay it into the bank account we use for your regular Assistance for Isolated Children or ABSTUDY payments. If we don’t have your bank account details, we’ll contact you.
If you still need to claim the qualifying payments, you need to do this by 23 April 2019. You can either: