What it is
The Flood Education Supplement is a one-off $1,000 payment. It helps isolated families affected by the flood in North Queensland with education and related costs. The supplement isn’t available for new qualifying payment claims made after 23 April 2019.
Who can get it
To get the Flood Education Supplement you must have met 2 conditions. These are that between 25 January 2019 and 14 February 2019 you:
- were getting any of the qualifying payments or had claimed them by 23 April 2019
- had a family home in 1 of 11 flood affected Local Government Areas in North Queensland.
The qualifying payments are any of the following:
- Assistance for Isolated Children Basic Boarding Allowance
- Assistance for Isolated Children Second Home Allowance
- Assistance for Isolated Children Distance Education Allowance
- ABSTUDY School Fees Allowance (Group 2).
The Local Government Areas are:
How much you can get
We’ll pay $1,000 for each eligible student.
How to get it
If you’re eligible for the Flood Education Supplement, we’ll pay you. You don’t need to do anything.
We’ll pay it into the bank account we use for your regular Assistance for Isolated Children or ABSTUDY payments.
We’ll send you a letter once we’ve paid you.
Page last updated: 3 May 2019