Check if you're eligible before you start your claim. You can claim this if you have a disability, illness or injury and can’t use public transport without help.
- find out what you need before you start to fill in your claim form
- submit the form and other documents we ask for
- wait for us to assess your claim and let you know the results
Before you start
Check if you can get Mobility Allowance before you start your claim.
You can't get the payment if you have a plan with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Start your claim
The easiest way to claim is online.
You can claim an advance payment when you submit your claim online. You don’t need to complete a separate form.
Start your claim online
To make a claim online you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink.
I have a myGov account linked to Centrelink
Sign in to myGov to start your claim.
I have a myGov account, but it’s not linked to Centrelink
Sign in to myGov and select Services. For help, read our online guides to link Centrelink to your myGov account.
I don’t have a Centrelink online account or a myGov account
If you’ve received a payment before, you can use your Customer Reference Number (CRN) to get an online account. Find your CRN on a letter we’ve sent you or on your Health Care Card, if you have one. Then, go to myGov to create a myGov account and use your CRN to link Centrelink.
- don't know your CRN
- haven't got a payment before
You can then create a myGov account and link Centrelink.
Read more about Centrelink Customer Reference Numbers.
If you can’t claim online
If you don’t have access to a printer you can:
- call the People with disability line and ask us to send you the form
- go to a service centre and ask for the forms you need
Submit your claim
You need to give us:
- your claim
- any other documents we’ve asked for
If we accept your claim, your payment will go into your bank account. Make sure your bank details are correct when you submit your claim.
Submit other documents
We may ask for documents to help us assess your claim, including:
- a medical report from your doctor - if you already proved to us that you can’t use public transport, you may not need to provide this
- documents to confirm your identity
If you don’t provide these documents, we may reject your claim.
You can submit some of these through your Centrelink online account through MyGov when you claim.
It’s important to submit a complete claim with all supporting documents. This allows us to assess your claim and pay you from the earliest possible date.
Check your myGov Inbox
We'll let you know the result of your claim through your myGov Inbox.
This might include:
- if your claim is successful
- when your payment starts, and
- how much you’ll get
If you think we’ve make a mistake, you can ask us to review our decision.