Complete the following steps to claim Mobility Allowance. Before you start, check if you can get it.
Steps to claim Mobility Allowance
1. Get ready to claim
The easiest way to claim is online. You can’t get Mobility Allowance if you have a plan with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
To claim online, you need a myGov account linked to Centrelink. If you don’t have a myGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.You may need to confirm your identity with us before you start your claim.
If you can’t claim online, you can either:
3. Make your claim
- Sign in to myGov and go to Centrelink.
- Select Make a claim, then Make a claim.
- Under Mobility Allowance, select Get started.
- Answer all the questions. Each screen has information to help you complete the claim. This includes how to submit your supporting documents.
- Submit your claim.
When you're ready:
4. Your claim
After you submit your claim online, you’ll get a receipt telling you:
- your claim was submitted
- the ID number of your claim.
We’ll also let you know the result of your claim. We'll send a letter to either your:
If you don't get electronic letters, we'll send you a letter in the mail.
If we need more details we’ll ask you for them.
If you think we’ve made a mistake you can ask us to review our decision.