You can get a standard rate or higher rate of Mobility Allowance depending on your circumstances.
There are 2 ways to get the standard rate of payment.
You’ll get $97.90 a fortnight by doing one or more of the following, for at least 32 hours every 4 weeks on a continuing basis:
- paid work
- vocational training
- independent living
- life skills training.
You’ll get $97.90 a fortnight if you:
- seek work through an Employment Services Provider, including Disability Employment Services, jobactive or Community Development Program
- take part in Disability Management Services under the Disability Employment Service
- get Newstart Allowance, Youth Allowance and meet mutual obligation requirements, or
- get Austudy and meet activity tests.
You can read more about:
- jobactive on the Department of Jobs and Small Business website
- Community Development Program on the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet website.
You’ll get $136.90 a fortnight if you are on:
- Disability Support Pension
- Parenting Payment
- Newstart Allowance, or
- Youth Allowance as a job seeker.
And are doing at least one of the following:
- working for at least 15 hours a week on or above the relevant minimum wage
- seeking work for 15 hours or more a week through an Employment Services Provider, including Disability Employment Services, jobactive, or Community Development Program,
- working for 15 hours or more a week in the open labour market on productivity based wages under the Supported Wage System.
Remember, the Supported Wage System doesn’t include work through supported employment like Australian Disability Enterprises.
We may pay you for an extra 12 weeks if your:
- work, self-employment, study or training stops, or
- agreement to look for work with your provider stops.