Multicultural Service Officers
Our specialists help migrant and refugee communities connect with our services.
We have around 70 officers across Australia.
What they do
Our Multicultural Service Officers work with multicultural community groups, staff and other government departments to:
- promote and improve access to our payments and services
- build relationships in the community and across government
- improve service delivery to culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) people by understanding their needs
- provide support and assistance in complex cases
- help our staff to communicate with CALD people through language services
- raise awareness and competency of our staff in servicing CALD people
- build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to raise the profile of multicultural services.
If you speak a language other than English
We have information in your language you can read, listen to or watch.
You can also talk to someone in your language Monday to Friday between 8 am to 5 pm by calling:
- our Multilingual Phone Service about Centrelink payments and services
- the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) about Medicare or Child Support payments and services.
Page last updated: 20 May 2019