You need to tell us if your circumstances change when you get Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement.
For example, if:
- you change your address
- you get a partner
- you separate from your partner
- your or your partner’s income changes
- you don't have to lodge a tax return
- your child care arrangements change
- your child leaves your care
- your child’s work or study load changes
- you leave Australia, or
- your care arrangements change
You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances within 14 days. If you don’t, we may pay you too much and you may have to pay back the money.