Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement

Change of circumstances

You need to tell us if your circumstances change.

For example, if:

  • you change your address
  • you get a partner
  • you separate from your partner
  • your or your partner’s income changes
  • you don't have to lodge a tax return
  • your child care arrangements change
  • your child leaves your care
  • your child’s work or study load changes
  • you leave Australia, or
  • your care arrangements change

You need to tell us about a change in your circumstances within 14 days. If you don’t, we may pay you too much and you may have to pay back the money.

Page last updated: 12 May 2018