Cancelling your payment online
You may be able to cancel your own payment online. This means you don’t need to visit a service centre or call us. Cancelling your payment is fast and easy and helps you avoid a debt.
You can cancel your own payment online if you get:
- Youth Allowance for students and Australian Apprentices
- Youth Allowance for job seekers
- Newstart Allowance
You may not need to cancel your payment if you’ve found work. You may still qualify for income support due to your Working Credits balance. You need to keep reporting your details to access these credits.
You won’t be able cancel your own payment online if:
- you’re using Income Management
- you have a nominee
- you have a partner on a payment
You’ll need to speak with us.
How to cancel your own payment online
- Sign in to your Centrelink online account through myGov
- Go to your menu and select Payment details
- Select Cancel my current payment
What happens next
You don't need to contact us. We’ll send you a letter once we’ve cancelled your payment.
If you need to get one of these payments in future, you'll have to submit a new claim.
Page last updated: 13 April 2019