Who can get it

You need to meet the eligibility requirements to get the one-off Energy Assistance Payment (EAP).

To get this payment you need to meet both these conditions on 2 April 2019:

  • be residing in Australia on 2 April 2019
  • be getting an eligible payment from us.

You may still get EAP if your eligible payment was cancelled or suspended, or you’re waiting a claim outcome. Read more about when we’ll pay you.

Eligible payments

You’re eligible if you got one of the following payments on 2 April 2019:

  • ABSTUDY Living Allowance
  • Austudy
  • Age Pension
  • Carer Payment
  • Disability Support Pension
  • Double Orphan Pension
  • Farm Household Allowance
  • Newstart Allowance
  • Parenting Payment Partnered
  • Parenting Payment Single
  • Partner Allowance
  • Sickness Allowance
  • Special Benefit
  • Widow Allowance
  • Widow B Pension
  • Wife Pension
  • Youth Allowance.

Page last updated: 23 July 2019