Additional payments and support
As a new parent, you may be able to get other payments and support.
After your baby is born you may be able to get financial support for the costs of child care.
If you’re on a low income, you may be able to get:
Your partner may be able to get Dad and Partner Pay.
If your child is with disability
You may be eligible for additional payments and services:
- Carer Allowance
- Carer Payment
- Child Disability Assistance Payment
- Essential Medical Equipment Payment
- Youth Disability Supplement.
We also provide support with living costs such as:
- help with your rent
- health care card to help with visits to the doctor
- telephone allowance to help with home phone and internet costs.
To find help for new parents in your area go to the Payment and Service Finder.
Page last updated: 13 May 2019