Parental Leave Pay

How to keep us up to date

If you don’t tell us about changes in your circumstances while receiving Parental Leave Pay you risk losing your payment or getting a debt.

You need to tell us if you:

  • go back to work
  • are no longer employed
  • are no longer your child’s primary carer
  • change your address
  • leave Australia, even for a short time, or return to Australia.

To update your details:

If your claim hasn’t been assessed yet, call the Families line.

This information was printed Wednesday 22 May 2019 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.

Page last updated: 13 May 2019