Parenting Payment

Setting up online accounts

To do your business with us, create a myGov account and link to Centrelink.

Create a myGov account

With myGov, you can access government services online.

To get Centrelink payments and services, you need to create a myGov account and link it to Centrelink.

You need your own email address to create a myGov account.

Create a myGov account

For help, read our create a myGov account guide.

Centrelink online account and the CRN

You must have a Customer Reference Number (CRN) to:

If you have received a Centrelink payment or service from us, you’ll have a CRN.

You may need to confirm your identity with us before you start your claim.

Read more about Centrelink Customer Reference Numbers.

This information was printed Thursday 23 May 2019 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.

Page last updated: 2 January 2019