Partner Allowance

Change of circumstances

We need to know about changes that could reduce or stop your Partner Allowance.

If you don’t tell us, you may be doing the wrong thing.

You need to tell us if:

  • your circumstances change
  • children under 6 come into your care, or
  • your income changes

How and when to tell us

The easiest way to tell us about changes is through our self service options.

You need to:

  • tell us within 14 days of the change
  • make sure your details are up to date in myGov

It’s never too late to report a change.

When you don’t tell us

If you don’t tell us about changes in your life, we may pay you too much. If this happens, you’ll have to pay the money back and there may be a recovery fee.

If you don’t tell us about changes on purpose, it could be fraud.

Read about how to avoid committing fraud.

This information was printed Saturday 25 May 2019 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.

Page last updated: 30 January 2019