If you’re getting Partner Allowance and reach age pension age, you can transfer to Age Pension.
Reaching age pension age
Just before you reach age pension age, we’ll invite you to transfer to Age Pension.
You’ll need to tell us:
- if you want to transfer to Age Pension, or stay on Partner Allowance
- if you have any superannuation
Benefits of Age Pension
If you transfer to Age Pension, you may:
- get a higher rate of payment
- have more generous income and assets tests
- get a Pensioner Concession Card
- be better off if you travel outside Australia
- get the Work Bonus, and
- get other benefits
You will lose access to Education Entry Payment if you transfer to Age Pension.
Read more about how to transfer to Age Pension.
Once you reach age pension age, we'll pay the Pension Supplement to you with your Partner Allowance. The supplement replaces: