A lump sum payment if you delayed claiming Age Pension, kept working and are registered in the scheme.
- you registered for the scheme before 1 July 2014
- since you became eligible for Age Pension we haven’t paid you any income support except Carer Payment or Carer Service Pension
- you pass the work test rules for at least 12 months from when you became a member of the scheme
You can’t register for the Pension Bonus Scheme anymore. If you’re registered for the scheme, you may get a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.
Eligibility & payment rates
Who can get it
You can’t register for the Pension Bonus Scheme anymore.
To get a pension bonus you must be an Australian resident and in Australia.
You must work at least 960 hours each year to pass the work test.
Only accruing membership can count toward your Pension Bonus. Non-accruing membership may allow you to stay in the scheme, even if you can’t work.
How much you get
The bonus amount you can get under the Pension Bonus Scheme depends on how long you've been an accruing member of the scheme.
If you die before you get your bonus
We don’t transfer your Pension Bonus to your estate if you die before you claim.
Check if you are eligible before you start your claim.
- find out what you need before you start your claim
- fill in your claim form
- submit the form and other documents we ask for
- wait for us to assess your claim and tell you the result
My bank account is overdrawn
You can get help to manage your money if your bank account is overdrawn.
Payment and Service Finder
Find, estimate and compare payments and services you may be eligible for. You can also work out what a change in circumstance might mean for the payments and services you currently receive from us.
Manage your money
We’ve got advice and tools to help you with budgeting, borrowing and credit, and managing debt.
Read about how to manage your money.