Check if you’re eligible before you start your claim. You can claim a top-up of your pension as a loan if you own real estate in Australia.
- find out what you need
- fill in your claim form
- meet with a Financial Information Service officer
- submit your claim form and the other documents we ask for
- we will assess your claim and let you know the outcome
Before you start
You should check you are eligible for the scheme.
Start your claim
You can get a claim form by:
When you get the form, we’ll organise a meeting with a Financial Information Service (FIS) officer. They’ll discuss the loan terms and conditions, to help you determine if these meet your needs.
Once you’ve met with the FIS officer, you can submit your completed claim form and other documents.
Submit your claim
You need to give us your:
- claim form
- property title deed details
We’ll tell you if there are other documents you need to give us.
Wait for the results
We’ll tell you:
- if we’re going to grant your claim
- when we start paying you
- how much the loan will be each fortnight
If we don’t grant your claim
You have the right to appeal our decision. Read about reviews and appeals.