Check if you're eligible before you start your claim. You can claim a top-up of your pension as a loan if you own real estate in Australia.


  • find out what you need
  • fill in your claim form
  • meet with a Financial Information Service officer
  • submit your claim form and the other documents we ask for
  • we will assess your claim and let you know the outcome

Before you start

You should check you are eligible for the scheme.

Start your claim

You can get a claim form by:

When you get the form, we’ll organise a meeting with a Financial Information Service (FIS) officer. They’ll discuss the loan terms and conditions, to help you determine if these meet your needs.

Once you’ve met with the FIS officer, you can submit your completed claim form and other documents.

Submit your claim

You need to give us your:

  • claim form
  • property title deed details

We’ll tell you if there are other documents you need to give us.

You can submit these by post or at a service centre.

Wait for the results

We’ll tell you:

  • if we’re going to grant your claim
  • when we start paying you
  • how much the loan will be each fortnight

If we don’t grant your claim

You have the right to appeal our decision. Read about reviews and appeals.

Page last updated: 24 May 2019

Was this page useful?
Why not?

Thank you for your feedback.