Pensioner Concession Card

Travel outside Australia

There are limits on how long your card remains current when you travel outside Australia.

When you can keep your card

If you leave Australia for less than 6 weeks you can keep your card if your payment also remains current.

When you can’t keep your card

We’ll cancel your card if you leave Australia:

  • to live in another country, or
  • for more than 6 weeks

When to tell us about your travel plans

Tell us if you are leaving Australia for more than 6 weeks.

You should also check the rules for the payment you get.

How to tell us about your travel plans

The easiest way is through your Centrelink online account via myGov.

Learn how to register for an online account if you don’t already have one.

Contact us by phone or in person if you can’t use an online account. The easiest way is using your Centrelink online account through myGov.

If you can’t use an online account, tell us your travel plans by:

Read more about payments while outside Australia.

This information was printed Thursday 23 May 2019 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.

Page last updated: 13 May 2019