Benefits of the card
With a Pensioner Concession Health Card you can get cheaper medicine, bulk billed doctors visits and help with hearing services.
With your card you can get:
- cheaper medicine under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
- bulk billed doctor visits – this is up to your doctor
- a bigger refund for medical costs when you reach the Medicare Safety Net
- help with hearing services – read more about the Hearing Services Program on the Department of Health website
- discounts to redirect your mail through Australia Post.
Your dependent child may also be able to get some of these benefits.
From January 2020, if you live in Western Australia we won’t send travel vouchers with your PCC. Read more on the Transwa website.
Your state or territory government and local council may offer you more. They may lower your:
- utility bills
- property and water rates
- public transport fare
- motor vehicle registration
- train fare.
Read more about what you can get where you live on the Australia.gov.au website.
Page last updated: 23 July 2019