While travelling outside Australia

If you leave Australia to live in another country, your Pensioner Education Supplement will stop on departure.

Provided you continue to be paid your main payment such as Disability Support Pension or Carer Payment, and you continue studying for instance during holidays or semester breaks, you will continue to receive your Pensioner Education Supplement for up to 6 weeks outside Australia.

You may be able to be paid for more than 6 weeks if you are studying outside Australia as part of a full time Australian course.

Advising us of your travel outside Australia

Check your main payment type to find out whether you should tell us if you are leaving Australia.

Read more about payments while outside Australia.

Page last updated: 8 October 2018

Was this page useful?
Why not?

Thank you for your feedback.