You must be studying in a full time approved scholarship course.
- start or continue full time study in an approved scholarship course within 35 days after your qualifying date for this scholarship
- be in full time study in an approved scholarship course on day 35 after:
- the course start date, or
- your qualifying date
This is the first date you meet all the eligibility rules for this payment. This includes getting at least $1 of Youth Allowance or ABSTUDY Living Allowance.
It can be earlier than the date we pay your scholarship.
If you change your study
If you stop meeting all the eligibility rules, your scholarship will stop.
Normally you won’t need to pay us back. You just won’t get a payment next year.
You may need to pay us back if you don’t meet the 35 day rules.
35 day rules
When you need to pay us back
You’ll have to pay us back if we’ve already paid your scholarship for the year and:
- you didn’t start or restart your course within 35 days after your qualifying date, or
- you’re not in approved full time study on the 35th day after your course started
Page last updated: 19 February 2019