The assets you own can affect how much Sickness Allowance you can get.
Owning assets in full or in part can affect your payments. Read about assets.
We may delay your first payment if your liquid assets are:
- $5,500 or more if you’re single
- $11,000 or more if you’re partnered, or
- $11,000 or more if you’re single with dependents
If you don’t have enough to live on
Asset Hardship provisions could apply if:
- you’re in severe financial hardship, and
- you can’t get or only get minimal payments
Property or items that you or your partner own in full or part, or have an interest in, can affect your payment.
The liquid assets waiting period is between 1 and 13 weeks.
You can apply if you're suffering severe financial hardship and your assets stop you from getting a payment, or your payment is reduced.
Page last updated: 30 April 2019