Single Income Family Supplement

An annual payment of up to $300 to help eligible families.

Eligibility basics

  • you were eligible for Single Income Family Supplement (SIFS) on 30 June 2017 and have stayed eligible since
  • have an eligible child in your care, and
  • have 1 main income earner whose taxable income is between $68,000 and $150,000 - if there’s a second income earner their taxable income must be less than $18,000

Eligibility & payment rates

Who can receive it

You must meet certain criteria to receive Single Income Family Supplement (SIFS).

Read more about who can receive it

Payment rates

How much Single Income Family Supplement (SIFS) you can receive depends on your situation.

Read more about how much you can get


If you receive Family Tax Benefit, you don’t need to claim SIFS. If you’re eligible we’ll pay you after you and your partner have lodged a tax return or have told us you don’t need to lodge one.

If you don’t receive Family Tax Benefit but think you’re eligible for SIFS, you’ll need to submit a claim for SIFS after the end of the financial year.



My bank account is overdrawn

You can get help to manage your money if your bank account is overdrawn.

Read more about what to do if your account is overdrawn

Payment and Service Finder

Find, estimate and compare payments and services you may be eligible for. You can also work out what a change in circumstance might mean for the payments and services you currently receive from us.

Start using Payment and Service Finder

Manage your money


We’ve got advice and tools to help you with budgeting, borrowing and credit, and managing debt.

Read about how to manage your money

Related subjects

Related payments and services

Page last updated: 30 January 2018