Special Benefit


We have information in different languages about Special Benefit

Special Benefit for Temporary Protection Visa and Safe Haven Enterprise Visa holders

Call our Multilingual Phone Service to speak with us in your language about your Centrelink payments and services.

A payment if you’re in severe financial hardship and can’t get other income support from us.

Eligibility basics

  • in severe financial hardship for reasons beyond your control
  • unable to earn enough to support yourself and your family
  • unable to get another income support payment
We’re changing requirements relating to drug or alcohol misuse. Read more about changes to help support people with drug or alcohol misuse.

Page last updated: 31 May 2018