On the day you claim Special Benefit you must be an Australian resident and in Australia.
To keep getting Special Benefit
You must continue to be an Australian resident for as long as you get this payment.
What may be different
You may also meet the residence rules for Special Benefit if you:
- are living in Australia, and
- are physically present in Australia on the day you submit your claim, and
- hold one of the following temporary visa subclasses:
- subclass 820 - extended eligibility (partner)
- subclass 309 - partner (provisional)
- subclass 785 - temporary protection
- subclass 786 - temporary (humanitarian concern)
- subclass 790 - safe haven enterprise (temporary)
- subclass 449 - humanitarian stay (temporary)
- subclass 070 - bridging (removal pending)
- subclass 060 - bridging visa F