A one off payment if you have a stillborn baby.
- have recently had a stillborn baby
- are under the income test limits or eligible for Family Tax Benefit Part A
- aren’t getting Parental Leave Pay for the same baby
Eligibility & payment rates
Who can get it
You may be able to get Stillborn Baby Payment if you recently had a baby who was stillborn.
To get Stillborn Baby Payment, you must meet residence rules within 26 weeks of your baby's birth.
How much you can get
The amount of Stillborn Baby Payment you can get depends on if this is your first child or not.
Check if you’re eligible before you start your claim.
- find out what you need before you start your claim
- fill in the application form
- get any documents the form asks for
- submit your form and documents
- wait for us to assess your claim and let you know the result
Managing your payment
Balancing your payment
At the end of the financial year we'll balance your family payments.
Try self service
Do your Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support business using self service options, including our Express Plus mobile apps, online accounts and phone self service.
Read more about using self service.
My bank account is overdrawn
You can get help to manage your money if your bank account is overdrawn.