If you’re claiming Youth Allowance as a student, Austudy or ABSTUDY Living Allowance, you can apply for the Student Start-up Loan during your claim.
If you’re already getting a student payment for a loan approved course:
- log on to your Centrelink online account through myGov
- select Study Details from the menu
- select Apply for/Manage Student Start-up Loan and choose the loan period you want to apply for
- select accept or decline beside loan periods you wish to get the loan in
- accept the Terms and Conditions
- submit your application.
If you’re not eligible you won’t have the option to apply in your online account.
Page last updated: 4 April 2019