On the day you claim Widow Allowance you must be an Australian resident and in Australia.
On the day you claim Widow Allowance, you must be:
- an Australian resident, and
- in Australia
You also need to be either:
- widowed, divorced or separated from your partner while both of you were Australian residents
- an Australian resident and have been in Australia for a total of 104 weeks
- an Australian resident for at least 10 years in total - for at least 5 of those years, there must be no break in your residence
- a refugee or former refugee
- the family member of a refugee at the time they arrived in Australia, or
- the holder of a visa subclass 852
To keep getting Widow Allowance
You must continue to be an Australian resident for as long as you get this payment.