Widow Allowance

Change of circumstances

We need to know about changes that could reduce or stop your Widow Allowance payment.

You must tell us if:

  • you become part of a couple
  • you change your address
  • your income changes
  • the value of your assets changes
  • you don’t have to lodge a tax return
  • your care arrangements change, or
  • your work or study load changes

Read more about changes of circumstances.

How to tell us

You can tell us about changes at any time:

When to report your income

To keep getting Widow Allowance you need to report your income to us:

  • every 2 weeks if you earn income from working
  • every 12 weeks if you don’t earn income
This information was printed Wednesday 22 May 2019 from https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/widow-allowance/how-manage-your-payment/change-circumstances It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.

Page last updated: 30 January 2019