When you reach age pension age
You can continue to receive Widow B Pension for as long as you remain eligible, or until you choose to transfer to Age Pension.
Some things do not change whether you remain on Widow B Pension or transfer to Age Pension. These include:
- your rate of payment and income and assets tests
- your concession card
- access to the Work Bonus
Benefits if you transfer to Age Pension include:
- the rules for Age Pension may be better if you intend to travel outside Australia
- you may be able to have more land exempted from the assets test if your home is situated on a block of land larger than 2 hectares, and on 1 title
In some circumstances, you may be better off remaining on Widow B Pension. These include:
- access to Pensioner Education Supplement and Education Entry Payment if you are studying
- if you get compensation type payments
Read more about how to transfer to Age Pension.
Page last updated: 30 April 2019