Change of circumstances

You need to tell us about changes that could reduce or stop your Wife Pension.

For example, you must tell us if:

  • your income changes
  • you move house
  • you stop living with your partner, or start living with a new partner
  • you leave Australia to live overseas
  • travel overseas for a holiday
  • your assets or your investments change.

How and when to tell us

You can tell us about your changes through our self service options.

You need to:

If you don’t tell us

If you don’t tell us about these changes, we may pay you too much. If this happens you will have to pay the money back.

If you deliberately don’t tell us about changes, we could charge you with fraud.

Read how to avoid fraud.

Page last updated: 4 September 2019

Was this page useful?
Why not?

Thank you for your feedback.