Wife Pension

Change of circumstances

You need to tell us about changes that could reduce or stop your Wife Pension.

For example, you must tell us if:

  • your income changes
  • you move house
  • you stop living with your partner, or start living with a new partner
  • you leave Australia to live overseas
  • travel overseas for a holiday
  • your assets or your investments change

How and when to tell us

You can tell us about your changes through our self service options.

You need to:

If you don’t tell us

If you don’t tell us about these changes, we may pay you too much. If this happens you will have to pay the money back.

If you deliberately don’t tell us about changes, we could charge you with fraud.

Read how to avoid fraud.

This information was printed Wednesday 22 May 2019 from https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/wife-pension/managing-your-payment/change-circumstances It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/site-notices when using this material.

Page last updated: 2 May 2019