You need to tell us about changes that could reduce or stop your Wife Pension.
For example, you must tell us if:
- your income changes
- you move house
- you stop living with your partner, or start living with a new partner
- you leave Australia to live overseas
- travel overseas for a holiday
- your assets or your investments change
How and when to tell us
You can tell us about your changes through our self service options.
You need to:
- tell us within 14 days about any changes of circumstances
- make sure your details are up to date in myGov
If you don’t tell us
If you don’t tell us about these changes, we may pay you too much. If this happens you will have to pay the money back.
If you deliberately don’t tell us about changes, we could charge you with fraud.
Read how to avoid fraud.