Binding child support agreement

Notifying us

You must get legal advice before you make a binding child support agreement. This is so you know what you’re responsible for in the agreement.


  • decide if you’ll negotiate an agreement with the other parent
  • use the Child Support Agreement form or draft your terms with the help of a legal professional
  • submit your agreement and any other documents we ask for
  • apply either in writing or over the phone to have the agreement accepted
  • wait for us to assess your agreement and let you know the results
This information was printed Thursday 23 May 2019 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.

Page last updated: 19 July 2018