You must get legal advice before you make a binding child support agreement. This is so you know what you’re responsible for in the agreement.
- decide if you’ll negotiate an agreement with the other parent
- use the Child Support Agreement form or draft your terms with the help of a legal professional
- submit your agreement and any other documents we ask for
- apply either in writing or over the phone to have the agreement accepted
- wait for us to assess your agreement and let you know the results
Page last updated: 19 July 2018