The care estimator is a tool that calculates your care percentage.
We use this figure when we decide:
- who pays child support
- how much you pay or receive
Read about the assessment formula.
How it works
Open the care estimator then:
- enter the Care period start date - this starts on the day the care changed and usually ends 12 months later
- select recurring care – the nights the child lived with you every week, or
- manually select care dates – single nights the child lived with you
- in the Total care estimate box, select Calculate
- the box will show your:
- total nights of care
- care percentage
- care level