Australian Immunisation Register

How to add overseas vaccinations

If you or your child have had vaccines overseas you should get them added to the AIR, especially if you need to meet immunisation requirements for family assistance payments.

How to do this

Find records that show you had the vaccines and take these to your vaccination provider. You can ask them to update the AIR.


After the AIR is updated, the vaccines will be on your Immunisation History Statement.

Documents in other languages

If your records are in another language you’ll need to get them translated into English and may need to give it to your vaccination provider. Read about the Free Translating Service on the Department of Social Services website.

Page last updated: 12 May 2018