Australian Immunisation Register

Adding overseas vaccines

If you or your child had vaccines overseas, you should get them added to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).

How to do this

Find records that show you had the vaccines and take them to your vaccination provider. You can ask them to update the AIR.


  • check if the vaccines you’ve had match the National Immunisation Program Schedule on the Department of Health website
  • tell you how to catch up if you’re missing any vaccines
  • update the AIR.

These vaccines will then be on your immunisation history statement.

What if the documents are in other languages?

The records need to be in English. If they aren’t, you can get them translated. Read about the Free Translating Service on the Department of Social Services website.

This information was printed Monday 20 May 2019 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.

Page last updated: 6 December 2018