Immunisation history statements
All your vaccines recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) are on your immunisation history statement.
If you think a vaccine is missing from your statement, ask your vaccination provider to update the AIR.
You can use your or your child’s immunisation history statement to:
- keep track of the vaccines you or your child have had
- see if any vaccines are overdue and which ones are due soon
- see if you or your child have an immunisation medical exemption recorded
- prove your child has had the immunisations they need to go to child care or school
- prove that you have had the immunisations you need for work.
It also helps you check that your child has had the vaccines they need to be eligible for:
- Child Care Subsidy
- the full rate of Family Tax Benefit Part A, and
- the 2017-18 Family Tax Benefit Part A supplement.
How to get your or your child’s statement
You can get your own statement and your child’s statement if they’re under 14.
If you can’t access Medicare online, your vaccination provider can print your immunisation history statement for you.
You can also get your statement by:
It can take up to 10 business days to get your statement in the post.
For privacy reasons, anyone aged 14 or older must get their own statement. They can do this:
Page last updated: 15 May 2019