The federal Department of Health runs the Immunise Australia Program. It funds free vaccines through the National Immunisation Program.
- early childhood vaccines for 0-7 year olds
- catch up vaccines for 0-19 year olds
- the flu vaccine if you’re pregnant, 65 years or older, or have a medical condition that increases your risk of serious complications from the flu
- the shingles vaccine for 70-79 year olds
- a range of vaccines for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians
Read about Immunisation on the Department of Health website.