Continence Aids Payment Scheme


To apply for CAPS you and your health professional must complete some forms and reports. Check if you're eligible before you apply.

Application form

To get the CAPS application form:

You need to fill in the form with an appropriate health professional.

Health professional's report

Your health professional’s report must say:

Health professionals

For this scheme your health professional can be, but isn’t limited to, any of the following:

  • general practitioner (GP)
  • continence nurse
  • registered nurse
  • physiotherapist
  • occupational therapist
  • Aboriginal Health Worker
  • medical specialist

Extra documents

You may need to provide extra documents. When you fill in the form it'll tell you what these are.

You must give us certified copies.

Certified copy

This is where an authorised witness has signed as a true and correct copy of the original document. It can’t be a copy of a certified copy.

Submit your application

You need to give us:

  • your form, and
  • any documents we’ve asked for

You can do this by post or at a service centre.

Wait for the result

If we agree you can get CAPS


  • send you a payment statement
  • pay it into the bank account you provided on the form

If there’s something missing from your application

We’ll ask you for more details.

If we don’t agree you can get CAPS

We’ll tell you in writing.

You can appeal our decision. To discuss this, call the CAPS team.

This information was printed Thursday 23 May 2019 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.

Page last updated: 6 May 2019