Changes to your circumstances

Information about what changes you should tell us about and how and how you can do it.

What you should tell us

You or your legal or authorised nominee must tell us about any changes that may affect your CAPS payments.

For example, tell us if:

  • your eligibility for CAPS changes
  • you apply for and get incontinence support from the National Disability Insurance Scheme
  • you leave Australia for more than 3 years
  • your personal circumstances change
  • your address changes
  • your bank details change
  • your care arrangements change.

If you don’t tell us when your circumstances change, you risk either:

  • not getting your payment
  • getting overpaid and having to pay the money back.

If there is a change to your circumstances, you must contact the CAPS team.

Page last updated: 11 June 2019