When we pay you

Your first continence aids payment cover starts from the day we get your application until the end of that financial year.

After that, you get the full payment each year as long as you’re still eligible. You don’t need to apply again to keep getting CAPS.

You must let us know about any changes that may stop you being eligible.

How often

On the CAPS application form you can choose to get:

  • 1 full payment in July each year, or
  • 2 half payments in July and January each year

How much

You can see how much you can get on the Department of Health bladder and bowel website.

If you want to change the frequency of payments you can get, contact the CAPS team.

How we pay

We can pay into your choice of Australian bank account. It can’t be a credit card, loan or mortgage account.

The account can belong to:

  • the person getting CAPS
  • their parent, if the person getting CAPS is:
    • under 14, or
    • under 18 and not able to act on their own behalf
  • the legal or authorised nominee of the person getting CAPS

A legal or authorised nominee can be:

  • a power of attorney
  • their legal guardian
  • a public trustee
  • their Centrelink payment nominee
  • their Department of Veterans’ Affairs trustee or agent
  • someone the Department of Health agrees is a responsible person
  • an organisation that helps them buy continence products

We'll send you a statement each time we make a payment.

You must let us know in writing if your bank account details change.

Page last updated: 22 May 2019