Check if you’re eligible before you start your claim. To claim the reimbursement complete and submit the claim form.
- find out what you need before you start your claim
- start your claim
- submit your claim
- wait for us to assess your claim and tell you the results
Before you start
You should check if you’re eligible for the external breast prostheses reimbursement before you start your claim.
If you get a payment from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, you should claim from them your reimbursement for the cost of your breast prosthesis.
Information you need for your claim
You’ll need to give us:
- a copy of your original purchase receipt - it must include a description of the purchase, and
- any other documents we ask you for
Start your claim
Download and complete the External breast prostheses reimbursement claim form.
If you can’t print the form:
- call the Medicare general enquiries line and ask them to send you the form, or
- go to a service centre and pick up a form
Submit your claim
You need to submit:
- your claim
- your purchase receipt – it must include a description of what you bought, the date and supplier information
- any other documents we’ve asked you for
The quickest and easiest way to do this is by scanning and emailing the form to the address on the form.
You can also do this by post or at a service centre. All details are on the form.
If you submit your claim and supporting documents at a service centre, we’ll take a copy of your receipt and then give it back to you.
Wait for the results
We process most claims within 10 business days after we get the claim.
We’ll send you a payment statement if your claim is successful. If we reject your claim, we’ll send you a letter explaining why.
You have the right to appeal any decision we make. Read more about reviews and appeals.