How to get help
You can get help to manage your Medicare online account.
Getting help with your Medicare online account
If you need help using your account
You can either:
If you forget your myGov username or password
You can either:
- complete the forgot your username form on the myGov website
- complete the forgot your password form on the myGov website
- call the myGov help desk.
If you need help in other languages
If you don’t speak English and need help, find out how to get extra help when calling us.
If you need more help, you can also go to a service centre.
Managing your privacy
We keep your personal details safe and we value your online security.
When you sign in to your Medicare online account, you’ll see the date of:
- your last access
- your last update to your bank account details
- your last update to your address.
We’ll sign you out of your account after 15 minutes if you’re not using it. This is so we can protect your information if you’re on a shared device.
If you have any privacy issues or concerns about your Medicare online account, you can either:
You can cancel your Medicare online account by following these steps.
- Sign in to myGov and access your Medicare online account.
- Select Support from the main menu.
- Select Cancel Medicare online account.
- Select your reason for cancelling your account.
- Select either Cancel Medicare online account or Cancel and prevent my Medicare online account.
If you select Cancel Medicare online account, you can reactivate at any time. You just need to re-link to Medicare from your myGov account.
If you select Cancel and prevent my Medicare online account, you’re stopping anyone accessing your account. To reactivate it, you need to either:
Page last updated: 29 May 2019