The Reciprocal Health Care Agreement (RHCA) we have with Slovenia may cover some of your medical costs in the Slovenian public health system.
It must be essential care that can’t wait till you get home.
You’ll still need to pay part of the cost for some services.
- part of the cost for medical treatment in the public health system - hospitals, health centres and pharmacies
- part of the cost of medical treatment by private GPs, specialists and dentists and pharmacies contracted to the HIIS
- emergency ambulance travel if you have a doctor’s referral
- 30% of the cost of prescription medicines on the positive list
What it doesn’t cover
It doesn’t cover:
- care from a GP, specialist or dentist who doesn’t have a contract with the HIIS
- medicines on the negative list
- 90% of the cost of medicines on the interim list
- 90% of the cost of any other ambulance travel
What to do
Be ready to show your passport and Medicare card.
Find out more
Check the HIIS website.