Some agreement countries don’t cover the cost of medicine when you travel to them. Others will partly cover the cost of prescribed medicine.
Countries that don’t cover medicine costs
Under the agreement, your medicine costs aren’t covered if you travel to:
- Italy, or
- Norway – up to a set amount
Countries that partly cover prescribed medicine costs
Under the agreement, your prescribed medicine costs are partly covered if you travel to:
- Belgium - conditions apply
- Ireland - conditions apply
- New Zealand - inpatient only
- the Netherlands
- Norway – over a set amount
- Slovenia - conditions apply
- the United Kingdom - conditions apply
Read more about travelling with prescription medicine.
Page last updated: 22 August 2018