Social work services
- العربية / Arabic
- ܐܵܬܘܿܪܵܝܵܐ / Assyrian
- ျမန္မာ / Burmese
- 简体中文 / Chinese
- Hrvatski / Croatian
- Ελληνικά / Greek
- Italiano / Italian
- ខ្មែរ / Khmer
- 한국어 / Korean
- македонски / Macedonian
- فارسی / Persian (Farsi)
- Српски / Serbian
- Español / Spanish
- Türkçe / Turkish
- Tiếng Việt / Vietnamese
Call us for help in your language.
Information, support and short term counselling is available if you’re going through a difficult time.
How we help
Our social workers can help you with:
- short term counselling
- information to help you, and
- referrals to other support services
Who we help
Our social workers can help you when things are tough and you feel you’ve got no one to turn to.
You can talk to us about:
- family and domestic violence
- thoughts of suicide or self harm
- being a young person without support
- a personal or family crisis
- the death of a family member or someone close to you
- mental health concerns
- if you’re affected by a natural disaster
If you are experiencing family and domestic violence we can help you access:
- family and domestic violence services
- emergency accommodation and housing support
- financial help
- health services
- legal services
Read about mental health support services available in your area if you:
- feel depressed
- feel anxious, or
- have a mental illness or disorder
Natural disaster support
Our social workers can help if you’re affected by natural disaster.
How to contact a social worker
To contact a social worker:
- call the Centrelink employment services line and ask to speak to a social worker, or
- visit a service centre and ask to speak to a social worker
You can bring a family member or a friend with you.
If you need an interpreter, tell us and we’ll arrange one for you. You can also phone our Multilingual Phone Service.
Trained and qualified
All our social workers hold a social work degree.
We consult with the Australian Association of Social Workers to maintain the highest professional standards.
Our social workers may ask to refer you to a support service. They can only pass on information if:
- you’ve agreed, or
- it’s required or authorised by law
How we manage your personal information
Read about how we’ll manage your personal information and your right to privacy.
Manage your money
We’ve got advice and tools to help you with budgeting, borrowing and credit, and managing debt.
Read about how to manage your money.