Financial help if you’re under 24 and studying, an Australian Apprentice, looking for work or sick.
- 16 to 21 and looking for full time work or
- 18 to 24 and studying full time or
- 16 to 24 and a full time Australian Apprentice or
- 16 to 17 years and independent or needing to live away from home to study
Financial help for students and Australian Apprentices, 25 years or older.
- at least 25 years old
- a full time student in an approved course or a full time Australian Apprentice or trainee
- under the income and assets test limits
Financial help for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students or Australian Apprentices.
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- in an approved course, Australian Apprenticeship or traineeship
- not getting another payment to do study or train
Claiming a student payment: prepare and claim now
Full time study or an Australian Apprenticeship next year? Get ahead on your plans and claim a student payment now.
Get your parents or guardians to update their details
If your payment stopped, there’s still time for them to give us the details we need.
Claim ABSTUDY for 2018 now!
Claim before December so your payments are in place before school starts. This is especially important if you’re moving away from home to study.
Claiming a student payment: top 5 tips
Get to the top of the class with our tips for claiming Youth Allowance or Austudy.
Online resources and support services for doing an income review
We’ve developed a number of resources and services to help you complete your income review online.
Changes to superannuation
Superannuation you accrue in working life is essential to your retirement. Find out about super changes on the ATO website.