Youth Allowance for students and Australian Apprentices
Financial help if you’re 24 or younger and a student or Australian Apprentice.
- 16 to 24 and doing a full time Australian Apprenticeship
- 18 to 24 and studying full time
- 16 to 17, studying full time and either independent or need to live away from home to study
- 16 to 17, studying full time and have completed year 12 or equivalent.
Financial help if you're 25 or older and studying or an Australian Apprentice.
- you're at least 25 years old, and
- a full time student in an approved course or Australian Apprenticeship, and
- you're under the income and assets test limits
A group of payments for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students or apprentices.
- you're an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Australian, and
- in an approved course, Australian Apprenticeship or traineeship, and
- not getting another payment to study or train
Assistance for Isolated Children Scheme
A group of payments for parents and carers of children who can't go to a local government school because of geographical isolation, disability or special needs.
- your child meets the living, age and study requirements, and
- is geographically isolated
- has a disability or special education need, or
- has no reasonable access to a government school