Youth Allowance for students and Australian Apprentices
Financial help if you’re 24 or younger and studying or an Australian Apprentice.
- 18 to 24 and studying full time, or
- 16 to 24 and doing a full time Australian Apprenticeship, or
- 16 to 17 and independent or needing to live away from home to study
Financial help if you're 25 or older and studying or an Australian Apprentice.
- you're at least 25 years old, and
- a full time student in an approved course or Australian Apprenticeship, and
- you're under the income and assets test limits
A group of payments for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students or apprentices.
- you're an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Australian, and
- in an approved course, Australian Apprenticeship or traineeship, and
- not getting another payment to study or train
Assistance for Isolated Children Scheme
A group of payments for parents and carers of children who can't go to a local government school because of geographical isolation, disability or special needs.
- your child meets the living, age and study requirements, and
- is geographically isolated
- has a disability or special education need, or
- has no reasonable access to a government school
Which student payment is best for you?
If you’re studying or training in Semester 2, find out more about the financial help we offer.
You can now cancel your payment online
Cancelling your Youth Allowance or Austudy payment online is fast and easy and helps you avoid a debt.
Making a claim? We need your tax file number
It’s important you give us your tax file number (TFN) when you claim.
Student Start-up Loan payments are coming
If you’ve applied for a Student Start-up Loan, we’ll pay you soon. Keep an eye on your bank account.
A new version of the Express Plus Centrelink app is coming
We’re updating the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app to make it easier for you to use.
5 changes you need to tell us about
Tell us about changes to make sure you’re paid the right amount.