Financial help if you’re under 24 and studying, an Australian Apprentice, looking for work or sick.
- 16 to 21 and looking for full time work or
- 18 to 24 and studying full time or
- 16 to 24 and a full time Australian Apprentice or
- 16 to 17 years and independent or needing to live away from home to study
Financial help for students and Australian Apprentices, 25 years or older.
- at least 25 years old
- a full time student in an approved course or a full time Australian Apprentice or trainee
- under the income and assets test limits
Financial help for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students or Australian Apprentices.
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- in an approved course, Australian Apprenticeship or traineeship
- not getting another payment to do study or train
The top 6 things you can do online with Centrelink
We know balancing study, work and life can be tough. To save you time, here are our top 6 things you can do online.
Choose your own adventure
Life is not a destination, it’s a journey! Decisions you make now can help you plan and prepare for your future.
We may need your parents’ or guardians’ income details
We need this information to check if you’re still eligible for your payment and work out how much you’ll get.
Claim online – it’s now easier than ever
It’s now simpler than ever to claim Youth Allowance and Austudy online.
Changes to superannuation
Superannuation you accrue in working life is essential to your retirement. Find out about super changes on the ATO website.
Changes to repaying HELP debts
If you have a HELP debt and are overseas from 1 July 2017, your repayments may change.