Financial help if you’re under 24 and studying, an Australian Apprentice, looking for work or sick.
- 16 to 21 and looking for full time work or
- 18 to 24 and studying full time or
- 16 to 24 and a full time Australian Apprentice or
- 16 to 17 years and independent or needing to live away from home to study
Financial help for students and Australian Apprentices, 25 years or older.
- at least 25 years old
- a full time student in an approved course or a full time Australian Apprentice or trainee
- under the income and assets test limits
Financial help for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students or Australian Apprentices.
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- in an approved course, Australian Apprenticeship or traineeship
- not getting another payment to do study or train
Link your Centrelink online account to myGov now!
We’re changing the way you log on to your Centrelink online account. You’ll need to use your myGov username and password.
Check, collect, claim and maintain
Follow these easy steps to make claiming with us easier.
How to survive exam time
It’s dry throats, nervous feelings in the tummy and sweaty palms. It’s exam time.
Parents need to update their details so you can keep your payment
We need their income details if you got a letter from us asking for them.
Changes to superannuation
Superannuation you accrue in working life is essential to your retirement. Find out about super changes on the ATO website.
Changes to repaying HELP debts
If you have a HELP debt and are overseas from 1 July 2017, your repayments may change.