A simple and secure way to access government services online and at myGov shopfronts.
Your myGov account
Your myGov account gives you:
- secure access to a range of government services using one username and password
- a single inbox for your messages from Centrelink, Medicare, Child Support and the Australian Taxation Office
- a quick and easy way to advise selected member services about changes to some of your personal details
These features will continue to grow and develop over time.
With myGov, your security and privacy is protected.
Use your Centrelink account through myGov now
It’s quick and easy to sign in to your Centrelink online account with myGov. Join 11 million myGov users today!
- have a Customer Reference Number (CRN) you can register for a Centrelink online account through myGov
- want to use the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app or don’t have a CRN, you need to register for a Centrelink online account directly
Once you've registered for a Centrelink online account, and created your myGov account, you need to link your Centrelink online account to myGov.
With a myGov account, you can access all of our online accounts - Centrelink, Medicare and Child Support - as well as other government online services in one place, with just one username and password.
Use the myGov Access app
myGov Access is an app which gives you an alternative secure way to sign into myGov. It creates a one-time access code on your mobile device.
You can use it instead of the SMS code or answering one of your secret questions.
myGov Access creates a one-time access code. Enter this code after your username and password.
It’s a great option if you can’t get the SMS code to sign in. For example, if you’re overseas or in a remote area can’t get an SMS to your mobile phone number.
You only need Wi-Fi to sign in to your account.
myGov Access is available for free from the App Store and Google Play. If you’re heading overseas, you need to download and set up myGov Access on your mobile device before you go.
Use our myGov Access online guide to help you set up myGov Access with your myGov account.
You can find more help information at the myGov website.
Find a myGov shopfront
myGov shopfronts are your first stop to connect with more government services. They are located in:
88 Grenfell Street
(next to Grenfell Street car park entrance)
430 Wilson Street
Suncorp Plaza, opposite King George Square
(entrance next to Albert Street Uniting Church)
Shop 15, Wesley Quarter
770 Hay Street
Shop 1, 32 Martin Place
(opposite the MLC Centre)
At a myGov shopfront you can connect with more government services online including:
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- Australian JobSearch
- My Health Record
- My Aged Care
- Child Support
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Victorian Housing Register Application
When digital transactions are unavailable in Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth and Sydney myGov shopfronts, limited services in person are available for Medicare and ATO.
In myGov Albury, you can access the full range of services in person for Medicare, ATO and Centrelink.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.