Claiming a payment online

Use your online account through myGov to claim a range of Centrelink payments and concession cards, and Medicare benefits online when and where it suits you.

Before you start

Our online guides can help you to:


Complete Medicare business online using your Medicare online account, or Express Plus Medicare mobile app. For example, you can submit a claim for Medicare benefits.

The easiest way to claim Medicare benefits is through your doctor’s practice, if they offer electronic claiming.

If your doctor’s practice does not offer electronic claiming, you can claim your Medicare benefits yourself using your Medicare online account through myGov. Read more about which item numbers you can claim using your Medicare online account.

If you have an item number that you can’t claim using your Medicare online account, download and submit your claim using the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.

To make a claim, you will need to enter details from your doctor’s receipt or invoice and attach a copy to your claim.

Read more about:


You can claim some of our payments online. Use your Centrelink online account through myGov to claim the payments below.

You can find, estimate and compare payments and services that you may be eligible for using our Payment and Service Finder.

You can claim these payments online:



Job seekers

Older Australians

Your health

People with disability

Students and trainees

Rural and remote Australians

Concession and health care cards

Withdraw or cancel a Centrelink online claim

You can withdraw or cancel a claim at any time. Sign in to your Centrelink online account through myGov and select Make a claim from your home page.

If your claim has been submitted, select Withdraw claim.

If your claim is incomplete, select Cancel claim.

We will remove your claim when you withdraw or cancel it. If you change your mind, you will need to start a new claim.

Read our Claim a payment online guide if you need help.

Other Centrelink payments

If you want to claim a payment not listed, please read the claiming information on the individual payment page.

Page last updated: 22 January 2018