We can help with the cost of health services, prescription medicines and medical equipment.
Medicare payments and services
Medicare provides access to:
- a range of medical services
- lower cost prescriptions
- free care as a public patient in a public hospital.
Read more about Medicare services.
Other assistance and programs
- Continence Aids Payment Scheme - helps you buy continence aid products if you have severe and permanent incontinence
- Essential Medical Equipment Payment - assists with energy costs to run medically required equipment, heating or cooling
- External Breast Prostheses Reimbursement Program - helps with the cost of new or replacement external breast prostheses
- Australian Immunisation Register – records immunisation history
- National Bowel Cancer Screening Program - issue invitation kits, reminder letters and keep a record of your results
Keep track of your important health information all in one place. Read more about myHealth records on their website.
Centrelink payments if you’re ill, injured or have disability
We have help if you can't work, or can only do a limited amount of work.
- Sickness Allowance - income support if you can’t work or study for a while because of illness, injury or disability.
- Disability Support Pension - financial help if you have a permanent condition that stops you from working.
Read more about payments for people living with an illness, injury or disability.
Other government and community support services
There are many other organisations that provide support services and useful information.
Use the Payment and Service Finder to locate assistance in your local area.
MoneySmart has information to help you make the most of your money. Read the Health insurance section on the MoneySmart website.
Bladder Bowel provides information to help with the prevention and management of bladder and bowel problems.
Better Start improves access to early intervention services and treatments for eligible children with disability.
Disability Services Australia provides information on employment and community support services for people with disability.
healthdirect provides a wide range of free health services and information on behalf of state and territory governments in Australia.
JobAccess offers help and workplace solutions for people with disability looking for work. Their employers may also find this site useful.
Department of Health provides information and connections aimed at promoting better health and active ageing.